a Music Box Superhero
About Me


Name::van
From::Marikina City, NCR, Philippines
Well here I am. I don't know how to say this. The only thing I know is awkward silence. Your eyelids close when you're around me to shut me out. - freakish, saves the day
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Fundraising Events for Tara
37 things you don't know (i think) about it...
Googling Myself - new past time
iBANG item no.009
iBANG! item no.008
iBANG! item no.007
Take care of Seeds
iBANG! item no.006
Sense in waiting
Erythromycin

Archives

April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
December 2005
January 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
July 2007
January 2008
March 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008

Links

My Friendster
My MySpace
My Band's Friendster 1
My Band's Friendster 2
My Band's MySpace
My deviantArt

Riddle Games

Hacker Puzzle
Frvade
NotPron
Frvade
ZeSt
Clever
Dracula
[More to Come]

Deviations

2.9.08

How's Tara (Tara Santelices Update)

September 1, 2008

Dear Everyone,

Tara

After almost two weeks of being sick, I was able to visit Tara last Friday. Although I dropped by the Sunday before, I didn't get to see her 'cause Tita Anne won't let me in. I had cough and colds. So, when I came in the room last Friday, surprise surprise. Tara can open her eyes already! Actually only her right eye 'cause her left eye is sore (well, it's red). Whenever Cheska, Rina or I made movements or talked loudly, she'd open her right eye and move it to where the sound or movement was coming from. She also yawned too! Cheska also told me that when the doctor would press on her feet, Tara would feel tickled. That's a good sign too.

Great improvement from the last time I saw her when her head was wrapped in bandages and her eyes were covered with patches. Her gunshot wounds (entry and exit) were already closed, stitched up by the doctors. They're checking if she can breathe on her own. They're also considering home care.

Storm the heavens with prayers!

Family and Friends

I only know so little of how Tara's family and Joee are doing. Her family is always at her side. Other times Tito Larry and Tita Anne are busy taking care of paperwork and financial stuff. Lila and Gitta are busy with school too. I haven't seen or talked to Joee for the past two weeks since she got sick and she was busy with her finals and her thesis. Relatives stay with Tara during the night. Friends, friends of family, friends of friends and parents of friends drop by from time to time.

Donations

Donations are still being graciously accepted. Again, the bank account is under Anne Marie F. Santelices, Banco de Oro, SA 2140-06220. On Wednesday (September 3), it'll be her fourth week in Medical City so you could just imagine (or cannot imagine) how much the medical bill is already. Thanks to people from Canada who sent money through Rica (Caoyonan). I have deposit slips but I don't know the exact amount of donations so far. Ate Malaine (Joee's sister) also has money from gigs. RockEd too has been raising money for Tara. A lot of other people too are organizing gigs and stuff. Just make sure not to sensationalize what happened. I hope sincerity remains intact. Peace.

Case

Regarding the case, I only get updates from my friend Cha Ilagan, who's the daughter of Mayor Mon Ilagan of Cainta. She's regularly updated by Col. Torrecampo, Cainta's Chief of Police, who's handling the case. I don't know though if I can disclose details but just to be safe, there's progress. Even though things aren't moving as fast as we would like it to be, there's progress. I guess we should appreciate that. Cha also told me that they have already submitted a proposal to allot some amount for Tara from the city budget to help with the medical bill. She's also trying to solicit funds from other Cainta officials. And according to Tita Anne, when a DZRH DJ called up the mayor's office on air, it was promised that the municipality is working on the street lighting. Let's just hope and pray it'll happen soon because similar incidences happened again after what happened to Tara.

Petition

And while I'm writing this, I also checked on the online petition (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/justice-for-tara-santelices.html). There are 6171 signatures already, which is something we can feel good about. Although some comments are a bit off/foul/annoying/unnecessary, I guess we should be glad that people are becoming aware of what happened to Tara and what should be done about it. I don't personally know Tito Larry's friend, Chito Iriga, who created the petition so I don't know what the next step will be. Maybe someone can print the 6000+ signatures and show it to people who can help with the funds or with the case (aka people in government, people in media, people who are rich haha). Justice is such a grand thing to demand from people but little ways, individual efforts, small acts of kindness go a long way. If you can do something, do it. If you know someone who can help, ask that someone to help. MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

Visiting

If you want to come and visit her, just ask me through text the room number. I'm not sure if I can publicly announce the room she's staying in but visitors are always welcome. Just make sure you're free from sickness, not coughing, not sneezing. Also, if you're commuting come before 10pm because security at the Medical City is strict.

Thank You

Hmm, that's it. Let's keep on praying for Tara, for her family, for more generous people, for the case to be solved, for everyone's safety and for malicious rumors to die down. Thanks to all those who have visited Tara, given money, attended gigs, spread positive information, forwarded messages, signed the petition and prayed for Tara's recovery. And to loosely quote Ms. Abaya (our 3rd year CLE teacher), we can become the answers to our own questions. Many of us ask why this happened, where the criminal is, what Cainta is doing about it, where the money will come from--an infinite amount of questions. Let's become Answers. Let's make things happen.

Repost

I wrote this blog entry after having been asked through text countless times "How's Tara?" Although I'm always glad to share good news to friends and strangers, I guess it's more practical to write an update since no one has heard anything from anyone for a long time (online at least). You can repost this if you want or post a link to this entry. The circle is not exclusive. :) This is my very best attempt to update everyone. I'm sorry in advance if there are minor details that I've left out or misinterpreted.

I'm keeping the faith, how about you?

Mucho dandruff,
Jac


---------------------------------------------